Mithila Toucan Barrel Sling
- Completely biodegradable
- Made in 100% Genuine Leather
- Hand painted by artisans
- Artwork inspired from Mithila Paintings (Madhubani Paintings)
- 6 Card Slots, 1 Key Holder, 1 Zipped Pocket
- Detachable Sling and handlebars making it a Sling cum Handbag
- Completely handcrafted
- Pure cotton canvas sturdy inner lining
- High quality YKK zippers and metal fittings
A sole essense of a barrel bag is uniqueness. It’s not for every other woman. It needs an uncaged mind to carry a barrel bag. It is for the rebellious and the change makers. We have designed this bag only keeping in mind those misfits. A detachable sling along with handlebars make it a sling bag cum handbag, same bag two uses. Multiple card slots to make it handy. The core value addition comes in terms of the artworks hand painted on both the ends, the artwork being inspired from the Mithila Paintings from Bihar, India also known famously as Madhubani Paintings. The right amounts of copper, brass and white for this uber classy leather bag. A thick cotton canvas lining adds to the elegance and richness of this bag for sure.
- SKU : LBSLMC9267HJJ
- Material: Leather
- Inner Lining: Cotton Canvas
- Color: Black/Light Brown
- Dimension : 12x6.5x9 Inches
- Cleaning: Due to leather work this product is not water friendly. If needed use a slightly damp cloth to clean it.
- Care: Since the product is meant to be kept away from water if water is sprinkled accidentally it will do no harm if wiped immediately with a dry cloth. Preventing water contact will increase the life of the product significantly.
- Leather Craft: Leather made products is one of the oldest forms of craft with pictorial evidence of leather clothing dating back to 20000 BC. Dyeing techniques have been recorded around 8000 BC, marking the beginning of the use of leather in bag making. The craft has evolved a lot since then but the machines and robotics have not taken over this craft yet. Most part of the work is done by hands and all leather is sourced ethically from dead animals.
- Hand Painting: Handmade and vintage art form has always been done by hand giving it a human dimension to the expression of creativity. Though time-consuming our in-house artists and illustrators love to spend hours getting their hands soaked into various colors.
- Madhubani Art: A 2500-year-old folk art - the beautiful Madhubani or Mithila art - originating from regions of Nepal and Bihar is a concept-driven art focusing on marriages, birth, religious functions and native symbols. Madhubani paintings are done with various tools like twigs, brushes, nib-pens, matchsticks and even fingers. Traditionally incorporated natural dyes and pigments are used to create a fusion of this ancient art with contemporary ethos.
You are buying a handcrafted product. Slight irregularities, design and color variations are the inherent part of every handcrafted product which is the actual beauty and uniqueness of the same